Plastic Surgeon Serving North Andover, Boston, Haverhill, MA - Nashua, Salem, Manchester, NH & Nearby Areas
Anyone with a medical degree can call himself or herself a "cosmetic surgeon." With this title, a cosmetic surgeon can offer plastic surgery procedures without having undergone additional training in specific techniques. Care might not be provided at the highest standard by someone who is not board-certified.
By contrast, only someone who has met the rigorous training and educational requirements of the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) can be designated as a board-certified plastic surgeon. This certification demonstrates dedication to the art and science of plastic surgery.
Massachusetts and New Hampshire plastic surgeon Dr. George Chatson is board-certified by the ABPS. He has attained this distinction through completion of training in plastic and reconstructive surgery alongside proven results for his patients. Choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon for your procedure is essential for ensuring your safety, comfort, and ultimate satisfaction. Dr. Chatson is prepared to work with you on a highly individual basis to help you achieve the look of your dreams.
ABPS Certification Requirements
To become board-certified through the ABPS, Dr. Chatson had to meet their requirements. These include:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school.
- Holding a license to practice medicine in the states where services will be rendered.
- Completion of a minimum of three years of training in general surgery in an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) residency program.
- Completion of a minimum of two years of training in plastic surgery in an ACGME-accredited residency program.
- Continuation of practice for a minimum of six months, during which time all operative reports and preoperative and postoperative photographs are submitted and accepted by a panel of board-certified plastic surgeons.
- Passing a comprehensive written and oral examination.
Only after meeting these requirements is board certification granted. These standards are in place to help guarantee that those who use the title "plastic surgeon" are, indeed, qualified and experienced to provide the most stunning results for their patients.
It is not possible to over-emphasize how important it is to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon. When performed poorly, plastic surgery procedures may not only result in additional surgeries, they can have a drastically negative impact on your safety, self-esteem, and quality of life. Only a board-certified plastic surgeon is qualified to provide you with the treatment and care you deserve.
Dr. Chatson has prepared a list of questions to help prospective patients recognize a qualified plastic surgeon. If you live in or around Andover, Massachusetts, and would like to speak to Dr. Chatson directly, please call 978-687-1151. Patients in New Hampshire areas like Salem and Manchester can call us in Nashua at 603-882-2103 . We also accept appointment requests through the online form on this page.