Plastic Surgeon Serving North Andover, Boston, Haverhill, MA - Nashua, Salem, Manchester, NH & Nearby Areas
What is a Browlift?
A browlift is a facial plastic surgery procedure that addresses issues such as wrinkles along the forehead and high on the bridge of the nose, along with sagging forehead skin and droopy eyebrows. Often combined with procedures such as eyelid surgery, a browlift is an ideal way to restore a refreshed and youthful look to the upper portion of your face.
At the plastic surgery offices of Dr. George P. Chatson, every patient is seen as a unique individual. Dr. Chatson will carefully assess the details of your brow along with all of your other facial features to help determine if this facial plastic surgery procedure can help you reach your aesthetic goals. Call our office in Andover, Massachusetts, at 978-687-1151 or our Nashua, New Hampshire, location at 603-882-2103 to book an initial consultation.
Dr. Chatson is pleased to offer browlift options including:
- Lateral browlift – this technique requires incisions in the lateral scalp through which eyebrow sagging can easily be addressed.
- Endoscopic browlift – this technique utilizes tiny incisions in the scalp through which endoscopic surgical instruments can be inserted to lift, reposition, restore, or remove muscle and underlying tissue, improving forehead wrinkles and deep creases.
- Hairline incision browlift – as the name implies, this technique requires incisions along the hairline through which excess skin can be lifted and removed, restoring a smooth forehead appearance.
A browlift addresses only the upper third of the face, while a facelift improves the appearance of the lower two-thirds of the face.
What Are the Benefits of Brow Lift Surgery?
There are many potential benefits to brow lift surgery, including:
- A more youthful appearance. By elevating the eyebrows, a brow lift can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the forehead. This can give you an overall youthful appearance.
- Improved self-confidence. If you feel that your drooping eyebrows are making you look older than you actually are, brow lift surgery can help to improve your self-confidence.
- Reduced headaches and migraines. If you suffer from frequent headaches or migraines, Brow lift surgery can help to reduce the pressure on your forehead and temples, which may help to lessen the frequency and intensity of these headaches.
- Improved vision. If you have drooping eyebrows that are obscuring your vision, brow lift surgery can help to improve your vision by elevating the eyebrows out of the way.
- Correct asymmetry. If your eyebrows are uneven, Brow lift surgery can help to correct this asymmetry and create a more balanced appearance.
- Customizable results. Brow lift surgery is a highly customizable procedure, which means that your surgeon can tailor the results to meet your specific goals and expectations.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Forehead Lift?
If you are considering the brow lift surgery for yourself, it is important to consult with an experienced and quality plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and expectations. During your consultation, Dr. George P. Chatson, your plastic surgeon, will evaluate your facial structure to determine if brow lift surgery is right for you. He will also explain the risks and potential complications associated with the procedure so you can make an informed and educated decision on whether or not to proceed with surgery.
How Do I Prepare for Brow Lift Surgery?
If you decide to proceed with brow lift surgery, Dr. George P. Chatson will provide you with specific instructions to prepare you for the procedure. These instructions will likely include:
- Getting a physical examination and lab tests to ensure that you are healthy enough for surgery
- Stop taking certain over-the-counter and prescription medications and supplements that can increase your risk of bleeding
- Avoiding drinking alcohol and smoking cigarattes for at least two weeks before and after surgery
- Arranging for someone to drive you home after the procedure
What Should I Know About Recovering From a Forehead Lift?
After brow lift surgery, you can expect to experience some swelling and bruising around your forehead and eyes. These potential side effects should subside within a week or two. You may also have some numbness in the treated area, which is usually temporary. Most people take anywhere from one to two weeks off from work to recover from surgery. During your recovery, it is essential that you sleep with your head elevated and avoid strenuous activity. Dr. George P. Chatson will provide you with specific instructions on how to care for yourself after surgery so that you can heal properly.
How Do I Maintain My Brow Lift Results?
Once you have recovered from your brow lift surgery, you can enjoy your results for many years to come. To help maintain your results, it is important to protect your skin from the sun by using sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more. It is also important to avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption, as these habits can contribute to premature aging.
Your browlift method will, by necessity, be tailored to address your specific concerns. Dr. Chatson's goal is to provide you with a rested, natural-looking forehead appearance by reducing the signs of aging and restoring youthful appeal. During your initial consultation, Dr. Chatson can help you determine the type of browlift that is most suited to meet your individual needs.