Posted: October 13, 2016
For Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, we encourage you to take action to support finding a cure for breast cancer and lending a hand to those who are struggling with the disease. This month, you can wear pink to start the conversation about breast cancer, but you can also:
- Walk or run for charity. Many organizations will sponsor charity events, like 5k races, throughout the month. Show your support by participating in a local event.
- Donate. Your time or money or both is greatly appreciated by organizations trying to raise funds for research efforts and cancer screenings for underserved communities.
- Schedule your mammogram. Early detection is the key to successful treatment. Don’t neglect your regular mammograms and encourage your friends and family to schedule theirs too.
- Mentor. If you are a survivor, another woman can benefit from hearing your courageous story. Community groups and churches often provide forums to meet and mentor others.
- Learn your options. If you are dealing with breast cancer currently, investigate your options for reconstruction and recovery.
To learn more about breast reconstruction after mastectomy, please contact George P. Chatson, MD to schedule your initial consultation at our Andover, Massachusetts office at 978-687-1151 or our Nashua, New Hampshire office at 603-882-2103 . We welcome patients throughout Andover, Lowell, Salem, Nashua, and Manchester.