Liposuction is a body contouring procedure intended to remove stubborn deposits of fat that do not otherwise respond to exercise and changes in diet.
There are a number of different types of liposuction, including:
- Power-assisted liposuction (PAL)
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction
Most plastic surgeons tend to favor and specialize in a particular method, and each liposuction technique offers its own unique benefits.
Our Preferred Liposuction Technique
Board-certified Andover, Massachusetts, plastic surgeon Dr. George P. Chatson offers SAFELipo, which Dr. Chatson has found to offer the most advantages to patients.
SAFELipo is a minimally invasive, laser-assisted body contouring procedure that is similar to liposuction in that it permanently destroys fat cells in trouble spots and removes undesirable fat deposits. The SAFELipo procedure is sometimes referred to as lipolysis, and SAFELipo differs from traditional liposuction in key areas including:
- SAFELipo uses fat equalization to smooth the remaining fat underneath the skin and eliminate the risk of lumpy or dimpled results
- SAFELipo provides less postoperative discomfort than traditional liposuction
- SAFELipo requires a short recovery period
- SAFELipo does not damage surrounding tissues or muscles and does not put your skin at risk for thermal burns
If you would like to learn more about liposuction and SAFELipo, please contact George P. Chatson online or by calling one of our two convenient offices to schedule your consultation. Patients from the Andover and Lowell, Massachusetts, areas can call 978-687-1151, while patients in Nashua, Salem and Manchester, New Hampshire, are invited to reach us by dialing 603-882-2103 .