miraDry® is an incredibly effective treatment for excessive sweating. The only FDA-approved nonsurgical solution for hyperhidrosis, miraDry has shown to reduce sweating up to 82 percent in recent clinical trials. If you suffer from excessive sweating, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. George Chatson would be happy to meet with you to discuss miraDry and help you determine if this solution can meet your specific needs.
The miraDry Procedure
When you arrive at our Andover or Nashua office for miraDry treatment, a topical anesthetic cream will be applied to your underarms to help ensure optimal comfort during your procedure. Following this step, a template is applied which will guide Dr. Chatson in the placement of the miraDry hand piece.
Prior to placement of the hand piece, lidocaine is used to further numb the skin. This allows Dr. Chatson to epilate sweat glands underneath the skin with microwave energy without causing any discomfort. The video below shows these steps in greater detail.
Related miraDry and Excessive Sweating Topics:
- Immediate, Long-Term Relief from Excess Underarm Sweat
- Should I Seek Treatment for my Perspiration?
- Excessive Underarm Sweating
- As Summer Heats Up, miraDry Prevents Excessive Sweating
- Quiz: Am I a Good miraDry Candidate?
- Do You Have Hyperhidrosis?
- What is Axillary Hyperhidrosis, and How Can a Plastic Surgeon Help?
- Is Hyperhidrosis Worse in the Summer?
- Treating Wintertime Underarm Sweat
- Putting an End to Excessive Underarm Sweat
- Understanding Body Odor
miraDry is a safe, effective, and noninvasive way to restore confidence and comfort. If you are interested in learning more about this procedure, please contact George P. Chatson, MD to schedule a consultation at our Andover, Massachusetts or Nashua, New Hampshire office today.